Saturday, February 25, 2006

Rio - The Met Lounge, Mumbai

Rio - The Met Lounge
7/11 Meera Apartment
Juhu Versova Link Road
7 Bungalows
Andheri (W)
Mumbai 400 061

Tel : 5602 1389, 5604 7177

Don't walk in expecting to be transported to Rio. Why they named themselves that is not yet known to me. But it’s the closest drinking hole to my place, so its convenient. They have wooden interiors which could have been reminiscent of 10 Downing Street, if the lighting was brighter. But its not.

Crowd comprises some BPO workers when its close to salary dates, some TV heroes, heroines & junta from the 7 Bungalows, Yaari road area that just wants to drink.

Music ranges from retro to everything including bollywood remixes, depending on the DJ and the time.

BOB is around 200. Indian alcoholic brands like old monk are 120 for a small. IMFL like Bacardi is 200 for a small. The imported ones are uin the range of 300 for a small. Soft drinks are 40 a serving. Cocktails range from 300 onwards. I had a Mojito which was too sour, so I promptly moved back to the old favorite R&C. Please remember 205 VAT over and above these rates. Snacks are 150 and above. The tandoor items weren't that tasty though. Complementary groundnuts were served with the drinks.

Not very VFM nor does it have great ambience. But one of the more reasonable joints if you want to do some TV celbrity spotting. Parking is not a problem and its close to home.

4 comments:

  1. the rates for drink like old monk is 100 inclusive of vat not 120 as stated by commenter on feb 25 th 2006

    also imfl bacardi is 120 inclusive of vat not 200 as mentione d. pl. correct immediately . also the lighting matches a lounge ambience not a rectewurant ambience whichis brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. imported liquor for a small sratrs at 240 inclusive of vat. where on earth didi this commenter get the rated i do not know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its my blog. My readers know how I am.

    Who u r is very suspect tho. Especially since U didnt have the guts to sign off your name. Forget signing in.

    Initially I thought I would delete your comments. but Y should I ? I have typed in the rates as they were in the menu and on my bill.

    And about the lighting. Its obvious U don't know what I'm talking about when I mention TDS.

    And Oh did I mention this before ?

    This is MY blog. So don't b a whiny cry baby because I didnt like the place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. trust your suggestions suit me babe tas all. want to chk out the place so i will take ur comments and move on.

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails